groupreq in comps files

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Mar 24 19:51:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 18:24 +1000, Michael Fleming wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 19:07 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > Perhaps I'm doing something stupid here; let me know.
>
> No, I can reproduce this (and incidentally thanks for proving that I am
> not alone and insane. ;-))
>
> > I'm trying to use mock in FC5, targetting FC4. It doesn't appear to be
> > installing the buildsys-macros package, hence the dist tag gets omitted
> > from the built packages.
>
> I see exactly the same behaviour when rebuilding my local repo - FC5
> x86_64, fresh install (attempted to go FC4/i386 -> FC5/x86_64, *bad*
> idea.. ;-))
>
> <snip>
>
> > If I add buildsys-macros to the "build" group itself, the package is
> > installed and all is well.
> >
> > All references to "groupreq" seem to have disappeared from comps.py in
> > FC5's yum...
>
> Same here - is there something we can hack into yum (plugin / small
> patch / whatever's appropriate) or would editing the buildroots.xml as
> Paul has be the best workaround?

I raised http://bugzilla.redhat.com/186553 on this (component yum),
which was closed NOTABUG - groupreqs are no longer used in the comps
file.

So the fix will have to be updated buildroots.xml files. Hopefully on
the fedoraproject.org site where mock picks them up from, rather than
everyone doing their own local versions.

Paul.