*just* built pkgs not available to buildsystem?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 17:48:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 11:33 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Job failed on arch i386
> >          Build logs may be found at
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-extras/6916-Macaulay2-0.9.2-19.fc5/
> > No Package Found for libfac-devel >= 2.0.5-4
> > No Package Found for factory-devel >= 2.0.5-7
> >

> > But, these were just (recently) built, and should be available:
> >
> >  6882 (libfac): Build on target fedora-5-extras succeeded.
> >      Build logs may be found at
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-extras/6882-libfac-2.0.5-4.fc5/
> >

> >  6800 (factory): Build on target fedora-5-extras succeeded.
> >      Build logs may be found at
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-extras/6800-factory-2.0.5-7.fc5/
> >

> > ???
> >
> > I suppose I should just wait, and requeue the failed build, but
> > shouldn't this work without waiting?
>
> OK, it appears that both libfac, factory made it into todays' fc5
> buildreport, so they've just been moved to the main repo, and I need to
> wait for createrepo to finish... (-;

Hope to fix this with:

a) depsolving in the build server
b) "locking" the buildsys when the daily push is being done

While this greatly decreases the size of "the window", it doesn't
completely eliminate it since the rsync might start right after the
depsolve has successfully finished.  Also, the depsolve is done on the
server, not the builders, and the two use different repos.

Dan