FESCo Elections 2006

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed May 3 01:52:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 17:21 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> I put the rough plan into the wiki at:
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Election
>
> Everyone that wants to be in the next FESCo needs to nominate
> him/herself for it until May, 8 2006 0:00 UTC; that self-nomination
> should contain some information's like "Mission Statement, Past work
> summary and Future plans".

Could you briefly explain what the difference between Mission Statement
and Future plans is?  I seem to recall there being a difference, but my
feeble mind has since forgotten.

> I create a page in the wiki to collect the nominations:
> http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations
>
> Please put them there and send them to fedora-extras-list also. You can
> also nominate other people, but they have to write a self-nomination on
> their own.

We need some {self-}nominations people!

> The actual election who will be part of the next FESCo is planed for the
> second week of May -- all members of the cvsextras group can vote. How
> this vote is actually done needs to be worked out before that timeframe.
> Help appreciated. As solution with public gpg-signed mails looks as the
> one that has the best chances currently.

Who (if anyone) is working on this at the moment?

And by the way, I griped about not having a fedora gpg-keyring available
a while ago...  it would seem that this or something much like it might
be needed now.

josh