Re: How forbidden is RPATH?

On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 20:28 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> TK> It's being added into the link line by libtool.  Here's how to get
> TK> rid of it:: make LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool
>
> Yes, that's one of the many things I tried.  It fails to work for this
> package.

Strange.  I tried it on the package in question (rapidsvn) before I
posted, so I know it works here.

Are you sure you did
  make LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool
rather than:
  LIBTOOL=libtool ./configure
or:
  LIBTOOL=/usr/bin/libtool make

If you look in the configure script, you'll see that it prevents env
variables from overriding the LIBTOOL variable.  There's no such
restriction on make's commandline, however.

Are you building on FC5 or devel?  I tried it on FC5 ..
libtool-1.5.22-2.2

-Toshio