Re: Release bumps in old branches

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"VS" == Ville Skytt <Ville> writes:

VS> Checking for expected NEVR order between distro branches sounds
VS> like a job for an automated script + public whinemail.
Does the CVS server have enough ready information to prevent this at
tag time?  I.e. prevent the tagging of a release that's greater than
the devel branch?

 - J<

The CVS server itself cannot prevent this at tag time, but we could add the logic to the common/Makefile.common to parse the tag and rpmvercmp it to other branches. If anyone wants to volunteer to write this, see the code in /usr/bin/fedora-rpmvercmp from fedora-rpmdevtools for some python rpm ENVR comparison sample code.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com