Release bumps in old branches

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu May 4 02:57:52 UTC 2006

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> VS> Checking for expected NEVR order between distro branches sounds
> VS> like a job for an automated script + public whinemail.
>
> Does the CVS server have enough ready information to prevent this at
> tag time?  I.e. prevent the tagging of a release that's greater than
> the devel branch?
>
>  - J<

The CVS server itself cannot prevent this at tag time, but we could add
  the logic to the common/Makefile.common to parse the tag and rpmvercmp
it to other branches.  If anyone wants to volunteer to write this, see
the code in /usr/bin/fedora-rpmvercmp from fedora-rpmdevtools for some
python rpm ENVR comparison sample code.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com