Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Anthony> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 17:32 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Some combination of CVS, bugzilla, and/or the buildsystem I suspect
>> would break.
>>
>> Frankly, I'd rename the emacs thing emacs-muse, but that's just
>> me. :)

Anthony> It's not just you.  A few of us are of the same opinion.
Anthony> Unfortunately the emacs muse package is now in Extras.  Is it
Anthony> too late to rename it?  The name is a problem for anybody
Anthony> with mixed Extras & PlanetCCRMA repositories.

emacs-muse was discussed when the package was under review, but the
package isn't just an emacs package, it also works with xemacs.
I expect it would confuse a user of the xemacs-muse version to file
bugs against a package called emacs-muse.

Perhaps we could use 'el-muse' or 'elisp-muse' or 'muse-mode' ?

also, currently none of the other elisp packages use any particular
namespace, they are just using the name of the upstream
application... ie, mew, auctex, etc.

Anthony> AG

kevin