[Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue May 9 01:52:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 16:20 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> emacs-muse was discussed when the package was under review, but the
> package isn't just an emacs package, it also works with xemacs.
> I expect it would confuse a user of the xemacs-muse version to file
> bugs against a package called emacs-muse.

Perhaps, but it shouldn't.  The "emacs" most people talk about is more
properly called "GNU emacs".  "emacs" actually describes a family of
extensible editors, members of which are GNU emacs, xemacs, TECO emacs
and Gosling emacs.  So by this measure the original "emacs" package name
is the confusing one.

I'm not, however, proposing that we change the GNU "emacs" package
name. :-)

AG