Re: Documentation-only packages

On 5/9/06, Tim Jackson <lists timj co uk> wrote:
1. Naming. "php-docs" would fit with the usual convention. "php-manual"
would be more descriptive of what it actually is. Preferences anyone?

That's not uncommon; a quick search shows 20 packages name *-manual. Admittedly most are in core, but packages like httpd-manual have been
around for as long as I can remember using redhat.  I'd think -manual
makes more sense for a standalone package, if I saw X-docs show up in
extras I'd probably wonder where X was.

                         -Chris

--
Chris Weyl