Re: Documentation-only packages

Tim Jackson wrote:
Since nobody objected or said they were working on it when I asked before, I'm going to create a PHP manual package.

As a doc-only package, I'm not sure about a few things (the wiki doesn't seem to say a lot) so I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions on the following points:

1. Naming. "php-docs" would fit with the usual convention. "php-manual" would be more descriptive of what it actually is. Preferences anyone?

I would prefer php-manual. It's intuitive, and as you say, "more
descriptive of what it actually is". Isn't that where the "man" command
from? "manual <topic>"?

"docs" is slang; "manual" is a word people can look up. (Maybe not a
real problem, but why perpetuate something not necessary when a very
good alternative is available? :-)

There are various -manual files... you won't be setting a precedent.