Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 10/05/06, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
So - can anyone come up with a better naming scheme than the one
above? I hope so :)

To answer my own question - here's a proposal: I could rename the muse
package to emacsen-muse, such that the binary rpms are:

emacsen-muse (containing the common stuff, and required by the packages below)
emacs-muse
xemacs-muse
emacs-muse-el
xemacsen-muse.el

The SRPM would be emacsen-muse, and that would also then be the module
name in bugzilla etc.

Terrible idea?

Should this be the guideline specific to (x)emacs packages which build
for both flavours?

If the FESCO could reach a decision on this it would be useful - then
I can move the emacs muse package out of the way, and let the
packagers of the other two muse programs fight over the vacant
namespace :)