Re: mono / ".pc files in -devel packges" guideline

On 5/11/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
What is the purpose of this .pc file?  Most .pc files I've seen are -devel
related, but that doesn't mean *all* of them are.  They should be packaged
according to its purpose.

It "looks" like devel to me, but I'm no mono guy -- Brian? :)

[build zeus daap-sharp-0.3.3]$ cat daap-sharp.pc.in
prefix= prefix@
exec_prefix= exec_prefix@
libdir= libdir@
includedir= includedir@
Libraries= libdir@/daap-sharp/daap-sharp.dll

Name: daap-sharp
Version: @VERSION@
Requires:
Libs: -r:${Libraries}
--EOF--

(Of course, that's the unretouched source file, but you get the idea.)

Even if it is for development, is it worth forcing it off into a
-devel package for just one file?

                               -Chris
--
Chris Weyl