Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 12/05/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:
I think we're seriously over analyzing this. If we're consistent with
"emacs-common-foo" as "common addon packages that work with all bundled
emacs frontends", people will be able to find it. We could even have:

Provides: emacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}
Provides: xemacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}

inside the spec, so people doing "yum search" on the wrong name will
find it.

Yeah. We just need to pick  a scheme and stick to it. Over to FESCO on
that, I guess.