Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Am Freitag, den 12.05.2006, 16:12 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:
> On 12/05/06, Tom 'spot' Callaway <tcallawa redhat com> wrote:
> > I think we're seriously over analyzing this. If we're consistent with
> > "emacs-common-foo" as "common addon packages that work with all bundled
> > emacs frontends", people will be able to find it. We could even have:
> >
> > Provides: emacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}
> > Provides: xemacs-foo = %{version}-%{release}
> >
> > inside the spec, so people doing "yum search" on the wrong name will
> > find it.
> Yeah. We just need to pick  a scheme and stick to it. Over to FESCO on
> that, I guess.

I think we should be able to get this sorted out on the list, too.

I'm not an emacs users, but from all I can see I'll vote for the
solution spot suggested (e.g. emacs-common-foo).

Other opinions?

CU
thl
--
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info>