Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 12/05/06, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
On 12/05/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:

> I'm not an emacs users, but from all I can see I'll vote for the
> solution spot suggested (e.g. emacs-common-foo).

I much prefer emacsen-foo.

Why do we need the word "common" in a package name? It makes sense in
a subpackage name, but in a package name, it's confusing.

To go full circle, we could call the packlage emacs-foo, which builds
xemacs-foo as a subpackage, and also a emacs-foo-common subpackage,
required by both emacs-foo and xemacs-foo. This would no longer be
treating the xemacs package on an equal footing, but hey ho.