Re: How do I know if someone is already working on a package?

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Christopher Stone wrote:
On 5/12/06, Peter Gordon <peter thecodergeek com> wrote:

Email this list? ;)

Or you could just seach bugzilla.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd lean toward emailing the list. I was about to put in the effort to roll a clean, FE-quality RPM for gpsdrive, but when I mentioned it on IRC, Andreas Thienemann told me he had one close to complete, but not yet submitted for review (so a search wouldn't have turned anything up). There could be a middle ground between a noisier list and duplicated efforts, I suppose -- maybe there could be a wiki page where people could list packages they're working on? I don't know. I just suspect I would've been rather irked to find out my work was for nothing. :P

     Jima