package updates for in all repos at the same time (Was: Incoming: directfb soname problems)

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun May 14 19:13:44 UTC 2006

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:38:17 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> You seem to always center around broken updates with deps -- I mainly
> think about new version from upstream or newly introduced bugs in out
> packages that are buggy in general or on Fedora.

No, no, I refer to all kinds of bugs: build-time, install-time, run-time,
whatever. I see that new builds are pushed into extras-testing, and all
subsequent builds (including security fixes) are done against the contents
of extras-testing, too. What I fail to see is what is done with packages
in extras-testing when bugs in a sub-set of extras-testing become known.