Re: mock builds broken on FC5 machines

Russell Harrison wrote:
Some of you may already be aware that doing a mock build on a FC5 machine
doesn't pull in all of the packages you need to properly setup your build
env.  yum removed support for groupreq tags in the group definitions for
version 2.6+ which prevents "yum groupinstall build" from pulling in its
required groups.

To fix mock builds on a machine with yum 2.6+ find the line
"config_opts['buildgroup'] = 'build'" in each of your /etc/mock/*.cfg files
and change it to "config_opts['buildgroup'] = 'build build-minimal
build-base'".  Those are all of the groups (that I know about) currently
required by the group build.  Everything should be happy again!

I've documented this and some other mock issues here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/MockTricks

Paul.