Re: Remove orphans in devel (Was: Re: atitvout + gai-pal : Orphaned dependencies!)

On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:27:22 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> moving this to Fedora Extras list -- this seems like the better place
> for such discussions to me

My message was a notification (also see its Cc line), not the start of a
discussion.

> Am Montag, den 15.05.2006, 12:44 +0200 schrieb Michael Schwendt:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/OrphanedPackages
> >
> > The packages
> >
> >   lrmi
> >   xosd
> >
> > are on the list of orphaned packages. [...]
>
> Well, why don't we remove them from devel if the situation doesn't
> change in the next 5 days?

That would be unnecessarily rude if done deliberately. These two orphans
are requirements of maintained packages. So, now that it is known that
they are orphaned, there is the opportunity to pick them up.

> Wasn't that the plan that was proposed
> shortly before FC5 was final when we tried to clean up everything a bit?

See CVS commit traffic. Some more packages have been orphaned and have
gone unnoticed. Even more packages have been orphaned in April.