Re: Kernel modules in Fedora Extras

Am Montag, den 15.05.2006, 10:45 -0400 schrieb Dan Williams:
> On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 20:44 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > Just FYI, I took the old kernel-module proposal and reworked the
> > document a bit and put it in the proper place at:
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/KernelModules
> >
> > Might sill be a bit rough and the standard and the page still needs some
> > finetuning. But it's probably a lot better than before.
>
> Is there anything needed from the buildsystem for this?  AFAIK you can
> already to i686, i586, ppc, and x86_64 kernel modules.

Well, in and ideal world plague, mock or something else would pass the

- version of the latest kernel to the rpmbuild-call via "--define
kversion foo"
- all variants (smp, "", xen0, xenU, ...) via "--define kvariants bar
baz"

when building the package. That would avoid the hardcoding of those vars
in the spec file.

>   ppc64iseries and
> ppc64 support isn't there yet though...

ppc64 would probably require a special builder afaik where *.ppc64 isn't
excluded? I tried that once -- worked fine.

CU
thl
--
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info>