Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 15/05/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
Am Montag, den 15.05.2006, 11:20 -0600 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> Jonathan> On 12/05/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
> >> I'm not an emacs users, but from all I can see I'll vote for the
> >> solution spot suggested (e.g. emacs-common-foo).
> Jonathan> I much prefer emacsen-foo.
> As do I, but if everyone else prefers the 'emacs-common' thats ok with
> me too. :)
[...]
> I guess we just need to have FECSO vote and settle it once and for
> all. :)
>
> Thorsten: Can you add that to the next meeting agenda?

Done.

Currently we have this suggestions as far as I can see:

emacs-muse (and have also xemacs-muse in bugzilla to avoid confusion)
emacs-common-muse
emacsen-muse

Did I miss one?

This also raises the meta question - is it ok for subpackages to have
their own bugzilla entry? I think the answer has to be yes.

For example, emacs-auctex really should have a subpackage for the
preview latex style files and friends, called tetex-preview, such that
functionality of the latex preview style files is made available for
eg. LyX. This approach is recommended by upstream AUCTeX maintainers.
Clearly, no user could be expected to know that bugs with
tetex-preview should be filed against emacs-auctex. :)

j.