Re: question on Individual Contributor License Agreement (CLA)

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Neal Becker wrote:
In most cases, the work I submit will just be repackaging of other's work that
is available from the net.  (Actually I believe the vast majority of Fedora
packages are in that category).  So, it is not my 'original' work.

For example, suppose there was a new browser, mudzilla, that is released under
GPL.  If I make an rpm package and submit it, I don't think section 5
applies, as it's not my creation.

If repackaging other people's (legitimately open sourced) work violates Section 5 of the CLA, then I think most of our CLAs have been violated. Unless I'm entirely mistaken, MOST OF US just package other people's work.

     Jima