Re: Removing noise from specs

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Jeu 18 mai 2006 08:06, Panu Matilainen a écrit :

Have rpm default to %defattr(-,root,root,-) in %files section(s). It's the
right thing for most packages so it's really just noise in 90% of the
specs, it's an endless source of silly packaging mistakes (forgetting to
add it when splitting off a subpackage etc) and those who need special
permissions can set them with their own %defattr/%attr use.

%defattr(0644,root,root,0755) would be less transparent but would force
packagers to actually check the perms they need

How is that a "but?" I'd consider it more of an "and." Shouldn't we be paying attention to permissions? (Although knowing my luck I'd get burned at least once by that change...)

     Jima