Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
OK, FESCO unfortunatley didn't actually seem to reach any kind of
decision on this. So, I have updated the spec to call the package
emacs-muse, with subpackages of xemacs-muse, emacs-muse-common,
emacs-muse-el and xemacs-muse-el. this is a bit unilateral, but I
figured doing something is better than nothing.

I have also added Obsoletes: muse and Provides: muse to the
muse-common subpackage.

I'm all ready to go, but I don't know what the best way to proceed is
- shall I import this as a new package into cvs (since the package
name is now different) and request the old package is deleted? (surely
this won't have to go through the review process again?)

Yep, no, respectively.

Not sure of the wisdom of the Obsoltes/Provides: muse, since part of the point of this discussion was the name collision with something else named muse.

-- Rex