Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 18/05/06, Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org> wrote:
Epochs just trump version/release numbers, that's all.

E.g. foo epoch 1 version 0.00001 is "later" as far as rpm is concerned
than foo epoch 0 version 15.7.

If you obsolete "muse" (unversioned), all packages of that name will go,
regardless of their epoch.

Well, that's what I thought originally, but the discussion previously
convinced me my understanding was wrong. Seems not.

So what IS the best way to deal with this...?