Re: [Fedora-music-list] Re: package naming question: muse -vs - MusE

On 19/05/06, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 18.05.2006, 20:33 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Underwood:
> OK, FESCO unfortunatley didn't actually seem to reach any kind of
> decision on this.

Why do you think so? Here is the relevant part from yesterdays meeting
(it was the first topic; the summary I send out yesterday was from
*last* weeks meeting)

OK, sorry, I thought that was for this weeks meeting.

I have to say, I just don't get why people think emacs-common-muse is
a useful package name - the common in the package name is superfluous.
The common files should be a subpackage of the main package, not the
main package, surely?

However, if you guys really want this to be the Guideline, I will push
ahead with it - but it impacts all emacs packages. The alternative,
which I have implemented sticks closer to current guidlines and
packaging precedent... please do have a look at the URL I posted for
the alternative implementation.

Jonathan.