Re: Trouble with the new Amarok version

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> The question is though: how useful is the HelixPlayer engine in practice?

It works pretty well here, reading ogg vorbis files. I don't know how to add
mp3 support to Helix, but there is still the possibility to get the xine
engine from /somewhere else/. Since without this additional repo you
wouldn't be able to read mp3 files anyway, I think it's not a problem.

If you suggest I should add back gst10 on all archs, I'd rather follow the
dev's opinion on the maturity of this engine, unless I have no other choice
(as on x86_64). Having no streaming support without warning with gst10
surprised me a lot, and will probably be the source of many bug reports.

Aurélien
--
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard jabber fr
"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be