Subpackages should own directories too?

Here is a fake package:
  http://www.di.ens.fr/~rineau/Fedora/foobar.spec
(only a spec file, no source).

This package foobar owns %{_datadir}/foobar/ and creates an empty file in it.
A subpackage foobar-subpackage owns %{_datadir}/foobar/plugins/ and creates an
empty file in the latter.

As far as I understand the Fedora Extras Guidelines, this is correct.

However, if i compile and install then uninstall the two packages at once, the
directory %{_datadir}/foobar/ remains, and rpm says no package owns it (after
the uninstallation).

It is fixed if foobar-subpackage owns %{_datadir}/foobar/ too. However,
according to the guidelines: "Packages must not own files or directories
already owned by other packages."

Who is wrong, the guideline, my version of rpm, or me?

My version-release of rpm is 4.4.2-15.2, on fc-5.