OT: Media format patents and commercial installations

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri May 26 16:37:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:29:37AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 11:20 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> > I suspect that it is harder than you suggest.
>
> The difficulty there was $OEM did not track things for crap.  And the
> workspace I had got rm'd and thus went the SRPMs.  It would not have
> been hard at all if there would have been policy about where to get
> those rpm/srpms from, a central repository, CVS tracking, etc...

In any company with >1 employee, the liklihood of one person not
knowing what another person is doing is high.  Intentionally tying
actions of one person to the work of a (quite likely) functionally
unrelated person is frowned upon.  Legally requiring that the sales
web site, paper (translated) docs, etc. change whenever a software
developer fixes a bug is a sure way to ensure Fedora isn't as widely
used as we would like.

Thanks,
Matt

--