Re: PHP packaging guidelines

Andreas Thienemann a écrit :
And about the naming conflicts: It's possible. The pear and pecl projects are not sharing the same namespace.
You're right.
Thus a conflict could occur, even though I haven't looked into the matter if there are already conflicting names.
I've look and don't see any conflict at this time.

PECL packages could(should) probably drop the pecl (php-foo) as some extensions from core php has been dropped and put to pecl (mailparse, with php 4.2 for ex.) and other pecl extensions has been included in php main core tarball (pdo, with php-5.1 for ex.)

Only one extension in extras with  pecl : php-pecl-mailparse.
Lot of extensions without pecl : php-mhash, php-mcrypt, php-tidy, php-dbase...

So PEAR packages could keep the pear to avoid name conflict.
Only one extension in extras  : php-pear-DB
But lot of extensions are in review.

Remi.