Fedora logo license

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat May 27 09:55:11 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 03:06:11PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 11:35 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > > The logo guidelines is available from
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo.
> >
> > That isn't really helpfull, all I can find there is a pdf which
> > tells me not to change colors etc, iow to use the logo unmodified,
> > which I'm doing. What I want to know if I may use to logo in and
> > distribute it as a part of a Fedora Extras package.
>
> Why isnt it helpful?  As long as you dont violate the guidelines you are
> free to include it.

Out of curiosity I glanced over the issue. If these guidelines were
all one has to fulfill then he could be distributing Debian CDs with
this color-true, unstreatched logo. :)

What Hans is after is the permission context of trademark/logo usage,
not the technical ci/cd constraints.

Common sense sais that what Hans wants to do is OK, but the
authoritative people probably sit on the fedora-marketing list.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net