Re: package signing

On 30/05/06, Michael Schwendt <bugs michael gmx net> wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2006 13:37:43 +0200, Frank Büttner wrote:

> On the build system there are since 3 day packages waiting for signing.
> Is there an process that only runs one time in week? Or hangs something?

And the answer is: The buildsys does not know when packages are signed and
released from the need_sign queue. Signing them is a manual process, but so
far it has been done almost every day.

Excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering what it is about package
signing that means it can't be automated. I expect that there's an
obvious security issue with that, but I can't see it currently.

J.