Re: Fedora Extras packaging beta software into production repos, why?

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 11:36, Axel Thimm wrote:
> But at some point rawhide (or the equivalent FE devel repo) becomes a
> release independent of whether the package being validated in there is
> ready for production or not. There is no way to say "Hey my package
> isn't ready for FC6, yet, I thought I was safe in the development
> repo".

That's why you assume that every package will be published.  We do it in Core,
we should do it in Extras.  If you're so concerned, drive the QA project to
include Extras, do freezes in development land of Extras and actually DO a
release, rather than the rolling stuff that happens now.  Don't want Extras
to be a second class citizen, do something about it.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora