Re: FESCo Meeting Minutes 2006-08-31

> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 22:26 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >  * Remove the non-.ini files from the comps module in CVS which would
> > remove a source of confusion.  c4chris will ask jeremy about doing this.
>
> If you do this, you have to generate the live comps file each time you
> push.  Generating it is a lengthy task that only gets lengthier as more
> things are added and more translations are added.  I know there is a
> goal to make the sign/push as quick as possible and this inserts a
> problem there.

What makes it lengthy?  Looking at the two files, the only difference is
that all the translatable fields are changed from <_TAG> to <TAG>.
Can't we make extracting the translatable strings and creating the
comps-feX.xml.in file two separate steps?

Also, the live comps file is currently not synced with commits to
the .in file.  So it needs to be regenerated at some point anyway...

Also, what involves the comps file in the sign/push process anyway? Is
it repoview?  Isn't the plan to move repoview out to its own async
process?

Alternately, the script that generates comps-feX.xml could place the
file in another directory (perhaps the same one as the translated comps)
so that people editing the files aren't confused as to which file they
need to edit.

-Toshio