Re: default font "fixed" in xorg 7.1

On 9/4/06, Dan Horák <dan danny cz> wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with rebuilding the TinyERP package for Fedora Extras.
It needs to start a X server during the build process, so there is a
"BuildRequires" dependency on xorg-x11-server-xvfb. The X server needs a
default font "fixed", so there is a "BuildRequires" dependency on
xorg-x11-fonts-base. When you look into the fonts-base package than the
font "fixed" is defined in the /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias
file. This was sufficient at least until the last build of this package
on July 24. In current Fedora Devel there is a problem because the font
"fixed" cannot be found. So what happened to the font "fixed"?

You can find the build logs at
http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-development-extras/16094-tinyerp-3.3.0-3.fc6/

I'm glad you reported this, because I am running into the exact same
problem with an upstream sync with one of my packages.  I have been
bashing my brains out trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.