I have install this on my pc:

[root djin ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i nessus
nessus-core-2.2.7-1.fc5
nessus-client-2.2.7-1.fc5
nessus-libraries-2.2.8-1.fc5
nessus-server-2.2.7-1.fc5
nessus-gui-2.2.7-1.fc5

But nessusd cannot start:

[root djin ~]# /etc/init.d/nessusd start
Starting nessusd: mkdir(/var/lib/nessus/plugins/.desc) : No such file or directory Couldn't open the directory called "/var/lib/nessus/plugins" - No such file or directory
Check /etc/nessus/nessusd.conf
**** /var/lib/nessus/nessus-services could not be found. Install it and try again
                                                          [FAILED]

And there is no file "/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf" or "var/lib/nessus/nessus-services" on nessus-server-2.2.7-1.fc5. Although I found this from repository:

[root djin ~]# yum provides nessusd.conf
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
core                                                                 [1/3]
updates                                                              [2/3]
extras                                                               [3/3]
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Importing additional filelist information

nessus-server.i386                       2.2.6-3.fc5            extras
Matched from:
/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf

nessus-server.i386                       2.2.7-1.fc5            extras
Matched from:
/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf

nessus-server.i386                       2.2.7-1.fc5            installed
Matched from:
/etc/nessus/nessusd.conf

Where is both file? Another question, I can not find "nessus-update-plugins' on this software.

Ciao,

Lutfi