Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 13:15:12 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 14:58 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Brian Pepple wrote:
> >> Looking in cvs, I see that scrollkeeper only owns /usr/share/omf in the
> >> development "branch", and not the older (e.g. FC-5) branches. So I shall
> >> continue to have my packages own /usr/share/omf for the older releases
> >> when necessary.
> >
> > That's fine for older branches.
> >

> I still see no resolution or any solution in sight for the fact that
> most packages which currently own /usr/share/omf don't require
> scrollkeeper and that thus scrollkeeper owning /usr/share/omf now isn't
> any help at all, and thus all the filed bugs are a bit bogus.

Since this problem is going to come up again and again, should we maybe
think about making rpm smart enough to figure out on its own that a
package that installs files in /usr/share/omf must require that
directory ?

That way we can avoid littering our packages with yet more explicit
requires.

Just a thought,

Matthias