Unowned directories

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat Sep 9 00:15:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 23:52:53 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> > I see quite a few FE packages that do not own
> > directories that they create.
>
> I always find hard to determine this, both for new packaging or
> reviews and, despite I am running rpmlint on everything I touch, I
> never saw a warning from it about this (somewhat common) mistake.
> So, assuming rpmlint is not checking directory ownerships, is this
> feaute _that_ hard to implement?

No, but it would involve (down-)loading repository metadata for
all packages in the dep-chain, which would make the operation take
quite longer than a typical rpmlint run takes so far.

Without that it could only warn about missing sub-directories, e.g.
as here:

%files
[...]
%{_datadir}/%{name}/%{name}*.png