Transaction Check Error

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Sep 9 02:37:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 09:21:09PM -0500, Jima alleged:
> >And how do we resolve which package gets to own this file?
>
>  The package owners battle it out in a fight to the death.  This gets
> complicated if the same maintainer owns both packages (but then, they
> should have noticed the overlap, shouldn't they?).
>  Honestly, no idea -- sounds like a matter for FESCo!  (Sorry guys!)

I've had two of these in TORQUE, one for the qmgr manpage and the other
for the qstat command.  For the former I obliged and moved the manpage to a
different section, and the other I didn't budge because the name is
specified by POSIX.

It just comes down to the individual case and you do what you can.

University of Southern California