Re: We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

It's not a big secret anymore, but wasn't announced yet in the public:
We, the Fedora Extras Project, are planing to "do the next step" and
start building lots of our packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and
compatible distributions like -- for example -- CentOS.

Fantastic. It's been bugging me having to maintain a separate repository for stuff that's in FE - just for EL rebuilds. And with projects like centos.karan.org there's obviously the interest out there.

 = The co-maintainership problem =
[snip]

Setting aside the technical/infrastructure issues and looking back to the maintenance (long-term/security) aspect, I'd be inclined to suggest that co-maintainership is a *requirement* for EE branches.

Tim