Re: We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 09:42:44 +0200
Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:

> It's not a big secret anymore... [SNIP]

I'm happy to hear that some sort of FE-for-EL framework is in the
offing.  It would be convenient (for me, anyway) to have some of the
cool and useful FE packages only a "yum install away" on RHEL.

>  = The support question =
>  = The quality problem =

OK, this means testing.  Obviously it would be best to test packages
for RHEL (and CentOS) by *actually* using them on RHEL (and CentOS)
and seeing what happens.  So, how about some sort of arrangement
where:

  maintainers can, if they want to and perhaps per some
  approval process, get a no-cost RHEL licence in return
  for doing the normal maintainer testing, debugging, etc.
  for (some of?) their package(s) on RHEL.

A fair trade ?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed eh3 com  |  http://eh3.com/