We are evaluating building packages from Fedora Extras for RHEL

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Sun Sep 10 21:06:17 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 22:02 +0200, nodata wrote:

> Your answers sidestep my point completely.
>
> "Extras for RHEL" will provide value to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> customers. It's doesn't matter if the CentOS users install the Extras
> packages too, that's a side issue to my point.
>
> If Fedora Extras contributors are providing this extra value to RHEL,
> what is in it for them? Simple question.

Considering that Red Hat puts a lot of money into Fedora, I think you're
looking a gift horse in the mouth.  They provide the servers, buildsys,
mailing-lists, Core, etc.  Fedora would not exist as it is today without
green dollars from Red Hat.

So what's in it for Extras contributors that want to package stuff for
Enterprise Extras?  Exactly what they get for packaging stuff for
Extras.  I don't recall any t-shirts being handed out for that.  And
remember, EE is a voluntary thing.

josh