Correcting directory ownership of /usr/share/omf in Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Sep 11 09:06:57 UTC 2006

Le Lun 11 septembre 2006 10:53, Hans de Goede a écrit :

> to add a note to this that when you put files in the
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor hierarchy your package must have a "Requires:
> hicolor-icon-theme", but I couldn't because I don't have edit rights on
> that page, can someone who does have the nescesarry rights add a note
> about this there?

The f.d.o icon theme spec says :

' In order to have a place for third party applications to install their
icons there should always exist a theme called "hicolor" [1]. The data for
the hicolor theme is available for download at:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/icon-theme/. Implementations are
required to look in the "hicolor" theme if an icon was not found in the
current theme. '

So I'd expect hicolor dirs to be created by default without every other
odd package requiring them

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot