Re: Broken upgrade paths in FC+FE 2006-09-12

Ville Skyttä wrote:

By the way, I don't have the impression that packagers are expected to
make sure that upgrades like directly from FC(x) to FC(x+2) without
stopping at FC(x+1) do work in the first place.  Other opinions?

We definitely need to make sure that works. Many uses skip releases because they dont want to upgrade so soon and they didnt find any benefits in the latest release or there are some regressions and things like that. Upgrade paths to newer releases should always be as smooth as possible (not just between x and x+2).

Rahul