Re: Attention, packagers! Invalid rebuilds

On 9/13/06, Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 10:21 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Lots of warnings in today's push of packages in the needsign queue.
> >
> > There are still packagers who rebuild their packages _without_ increasing
> > the "Release" value.
>
> surely a VCS trigger to check for such ( and notify over email perhaps .
> ) is possible at the server end ?

If you code this up, I think the check should go in the build code,
rather than the VCS.

-Toshio

I seem to remember some discussion about this a few months ago
concerning the makefile checking during the "make build/plague", which
isn't perfect but could at least inform the users that they're doing
something they aren't supposed to.

           -Mike