Re: Would like to import CORE into Fedora (naming problem)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:47:06 +0200
Laurent Rineau <laurent rineau__fedora_extras normalesup org> wrote:

> During the review of CGAL¹ (bug #199168), a problem was raised by
> Ralf C.: the first version of CGAL-devel was shipping CORE², a
> dependency of CGAL. That library installs its headers
> into /usr/include/CORE/* and Ralf said that the name "CORE" is too
> general for an inclusion into FE.

As others have suggested, I agree that:  /usr/include/CGAL/CORE
is a safe, easy, and totally reasonable fix.

Also, "yum provides /usr/include/CORE" indicates that nothing else
currently owns that directory so I think its also an acceptable
location.

The only point I wanted to make in the original review was the
"inclusion of 3rd party bits" -- that we should be careful about
projects that include embedded copies of other projects that
may (?) deserve to be treated as separate entities.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed eh3 com  |  http://eh3.com/