Re: Would like to import CORE into Fedora (naming problem)

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 13/09/06, Ed Hill <ed eh3 com> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:47:06 +0200
Laurent Rineau <laurent rineau__fedora_extras normalesup org> wrote:

> During the review of CGAL¹ (bug #199168), a problem was raised by
> Ralf C.: the first version of CGAL-devel was shipping CORE², a
> dependency of CGAL. That library installs its headers
> into /usr/include/CORE/* and Ralf said that the name "CORE" is too
> general for an inclusion into FE.

As others have suggested, I agree that:  /usr/include/CGAL/CORE
is a safe, easy, and totally reasonable fix.

This would require editing existing code changing all #include directives

#include <CORE/foo.h>  --->  #include <CGAL/CORE/foo.h>

wouldn't it?

No you would merely patch the pkgconfig file to add /usr/include/CGAL as an extra -I.

But yeah, probably not worth the effort. I don't see much wrong with having /usr/include/CORE around either...