rpmlint incorrect-locale-sv message

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Sep 14 02:24:51 UTC 2006

SP> E: tuxpaint-stamps incorrect-locale-sv
SP> /usr/share/locale/sw/LC_MESSAGES/tuxpaint-stamps.mo

You can look at /usr/share/rpmlint/I18NCheck.py to see what's going on
here.

Basically the assumption is that if you have a locale of "sw", you
must have intended to type "sv" instead and so rpmlint spits out an
error.  Honestly I think it's quite hilariously arrogant to assume
that there will never legitimately be any software translated to
Swahili.  The check should be completely excised from the rpmlint
source; care to file a bug?

SP> That file is Swahili, which means the error is bogus, right?

That file certainly purports to be Swahili and it certainly isn't
Swedish (although ironically it was translated by someone in Sweden).
The error is absolutely bogus.

 - J<