Re: Initial Proposal for doing Enterprise Extras

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

I would like to suggest the following plan for Enterprise Extras:

1) There are 4 channels per {Scientific/Centos} Enterprise Linux
     extras
     extras-devel
     extras-testing
     extras-updates

If we're gonna duplicate what Debian already does, then atleast keep their naming scheme so people don't get confused just because of the old "not invented here" reason, i.e. please:

extras          => extras-stable
extras-testing  => extras-testing
extras-devel    => extras-unstable

(And updates is updates.)

But please enlighten me, I have a value feeling that this funny name "channels" instead of "repos" is something related to the RedHat Update Manager, yes?

Linus