FYI: list of extras contributors that didn't rebuild a single package

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Sep 17 16:02:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 16:45 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > 15 of that use a redhat.com address :-/
>
> Bloody software engineers - I mean, it's not as if they do any work ;-p
>
> This is where having a co-maintainer would be damned useful. Is there a
> list (online) of who owns what so I can have a quick look at some of the
> packages to see if I can do the rebuild or would that be against the
> rules?

owners.list in cvs of course.

The point isn't really just to get these packages rebuilt though; if
their maintainers are no longer around, the packages will get orphaned
and then someone else will be able to take over maintainership. There's
not much point just rebuilding packages if there's nobody to listen to
bug reports etc.

Paul.