automatic way to determine non-legacy branches?

Hey all--

Is there a way to determine (aka at a script level) what branches are
not currently legacy?  If not, maybe we could put a "current-branches"
file in the common module, with:

FC-5
devel

as the contents?  As time goes on, we'd add FC-6, then drop FC-5, etc,
etc, but this would be a good way for a script to determine which
branches are legacy or not.

                 -Chris

--
Chris Weyl